- School: Western Governors University
- Degree: Masters
- Subject: K-12 Education
- Request more information »
The M.A. in Teaching, Mathematics (5–9 or 5–12) is a great way for individuals who already hold a bachelor’s degree—preferably in a math-intensive field such as math, engineering, or science—to become certified middle school and high school mathematics teachers and earn their master’s degree at the same time.
This challenging program provides you with the essential skills and knowledge you need in effective teaching practices and foundations of teaching to become an effective math teacher. At the same time, the program incorporates additional elements necessary to earn a master’s degree. As part of this program, you will also complete a supervised student teaching component designed to give you invaluable in-classroom experience.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- NCATE Accredited—WGU is the first exclusively online teacher education institute to be approved by NCATE. The university is also regionally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
- Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.