- School: Western Governors University
- Degree: Masters
- Subject: K-12 Education
- Request more information »
The M.A. in English Language Learning/English as a Second Language (PreK–12) is designed for licensed teachers with bachelor’s degrees who are interested in ELL/ESL instruction. This challenging program prepares you to teach core subjects to non-English speakers as well as enhances your curricular development, teaching, and leadership skills.
This program is not for those who want to learn to speak and write the English language, nor for those interested in becoming English teachers or teaching English in a foreign country.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- NCATE Accredited—WGU is the first exclusively online teacher education institute to be approved by NCATE. The university is also regionally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
- Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.