The B.S. in Business—Human Resource Management is designed for experienced HR professionals who are seeking a bachelor’s degree and the comprehensive HR body of knowledge to move up the HR career ladder. It is also appropriate for non-HR professionals who are looking to transition into the field of human resources.
This innovative program combines expertise in human resources with knowledge and skills in business and labor practices. You’ll receive a broad business education with HR-specific subject matter that is designed to align with the standards established by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI). As part of this program you will be required to pass one of two HR-specific exams: either the Professional in Human Resources (PHR®) Certification Exam or the Assurance of Learning Exam administered by the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- NCATE Accredited—WGU is the first exclusively online teacher education institute to be approved by NCATE. The university is also regionally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class
- Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts./li>
- Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.