- School: Western Governors University
- Degree: Bachelors
- Subject: Education, Administration, Curriculum & Instruction
- Request more information »
The B.A. in Science (5–9) is designed to prepare you to become a certified middle school science teacher. A perfect fit for individuals with a considerable science background who wish to become science teachers, this program is also good for unlicensed substitute teachers, career changers, retired military personnel, school paraprofessionals, and others who feel the call to teach.
This challenging program provides you with a comprehensive education in advanced sciences as well as the teaching skills to help you become a licensed science teacher. As part of this program, you will also complete a supervised student teaching component designed to give you invaluable in-classroom experience.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- NCATE Accredited—WGU is the first exclusively online teacher education institute to be approved by NCATE. The university is also regionally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class
- Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts./li>
- Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.