- School: Western Governors University
- Degree: Masters
- Subject: Education, Administration, Curriculum & Instruction
- Request more information »
The M.A. in Mathematics Education (K–6, 5–9, or 5–12) is designed for licensed teachers with bachelor’s degrees who wish to earn secondary certification in mathematics. This challenging program provides you with the specialized knowledge and math teaching skills you need to certify in secondary mathematics or complete a professional development program for teaching elementary school math. You will become a better math teacher and develop sophisticated instruction and research skills.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- NCATE Accredited—WGU is the first exclusively online teacher education institute to be approved by NCATE. The university is also regionally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class
- Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts./li>
- Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.